Jóvenes y móviles en el aula. Discursos y dinámicas de prohibición, promoción e indeterminación
Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI/10.13039/501100011033), 2020-2022
The general objective of this research project is to identify and analyze the discourses, practices and positions of educational administrations, teachers, young people, families and companies on the use of mobile phones in compulsory secondary schools in Spain. The purpose of this study is to provide evidences that contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge and to the social debate regarding the role that these devices may have in the education of young people.
The general objective is specified in the following specific objectives:
- Identify the policies of the educational administrations (the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, and the departments of education of the autonomous communities) on the use of mobile phones in secondary schools, and collect the opinion of those responsible for these policies as well as the experts who have participated in the their development.
- Carry out a comparative analysis of the discourses of prohibition, promotion and indeterminacy present in educational policies, academic studies, the media and technology companies that work in the education sector, as well as in social networks in which adolescents participate.
- Explore the possibilities and challenges associated with the use of mobile devices in ten secondary schools.
- Highlight the effects of the policies of prohibition, promotion and indeterminacy in educational practices in secondary schools.
- Investigate the vision of education and the use of mobile devices that underlies the practice of the schools, and its potential to promote significant changes in the learning, communication and expression processes of young people.
- Identify the diversity of positions that young people, teachers and families have on the use of mobile phones in school and family settings.
- Disseminate the process and results of the project among the scientific and educational community, those responsible for educational policies, young people and the society at large.
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Universitat de Girona
- Universitat de València
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Universidad de Castilla – La Mancha
- Cristina Alonso (Investigadora Principal) (UB)
- Joan-Anton Sánchez (UB)
- Pablo Rivera (UB)
- Alejandra Bosco (UAB)
- Meritxell Estebanell (UdG)
- Josefina Patiño (UdG)
- Cristóbal Suárez (UV)
- Carmen Lloret (UV)
- Joaquín Paredes (UAM)
- Ada Freitas (UAM)
- Francisco Javier Ramos (UCLM)
- Pablo Sánchez (UCLM)
- Xavier Giró (UB)
- Raquel Miño (UB)
- Paula Lozano (UB)
- Pablo Neut (UB)
- Ezequiel Passeron (UB)
- Cristina Salazar (UB)
- Georgina París (UAB)
- Katia V. Pozos (UAB)
- Rafel Meyerhofer (UdG)
- Borja Mateu (UV)
- Enrique Lázaro (UCLM)
- Pedro C. Mellado (UCLM)
- Mª Montserrat Blanco (UCLM)