The DIY culture (do it and think for yourself) and work projects in secondary school
This is a workshop of 7 hours, which will be held on two consecutive days, in order to:
- Explore the DIY philosophy (do-it-yourself) as a way to connect teaching with knowledge and the interests of elementary students.
- To analyze the contributions of this philosophy to the organization of the secondary school curriculum built on work projects.
- Share the processes and results of an educational innovation developed in a European project.
- DIY culture from the experience of attendees
- The process and the results of the European project DIYLab – Do It Yourself in Education: Expanding Digital Competence to Foster Student Agency and Collaborative Learning in Secondary School
- DIY philosophy / think for yourself in collaboration and in action.
- DIY philosophy and the documentation of learning.
- Connecting the DIY culture (do it yourself / think for yourself) with work projects and the interests of the participants.
Professional development activity recognized by University of Barcelona’s Institut de Ciències de l’Educació.